ACP Sheets- Types, Installation, Advantages & Application
Aluminium composite material, often known as ACP Sheet or Aluminum Composite Panel Sheet is made up of two thin coated aluminium sheets. Since it is composed of two distinct elements, metal and non-metal, as polyethene plastic is non-metal and aluminium is a metal, it performs better in terms of the benefits and drawbacks of the new material. Architectural buildings’ exteriors, interiors, and signage can all be made with the contemporary material aluminium composite panel (ACP Sheets). There are many different colours and finishes for aluminium panels, including wood, stone, glitter, gloss, pebbles, and more. The adaptability and personality you need are offered with ACP Sheets.
This versatile material is easy to work with and can be bent, folded, and twisted into shapes that are unattainable with other materials. ACP sheets are designed following extensive quality checks.
Types of ACP Sheets
In accordance with usage guidelines and fire rating standards, ACP sheets are divided into two categories.
- Non-fire-rated ACP Sheets: Aluminum composite panels are constructed from a polymer core layered between two thin layers of aluminium sheets. Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE) or Polyurethane constitute the polymer core of ACP sheets. These sheets are categorised as non-fire-rated ACP sheets because they are combustible and may catch fire. Based on the fire rating, these sheets can only be used in certain environments.
- Fire-rated ACP Sheets: Fire-rated ACP can endure fire for up to two hours, depending on the core composition. The core components are the main difference between ACP sheets that are fire-rated and those that are not. While the core of the fire-rated ACP is comprised of a specially designed fire-resistant substance, the core of the normal ACP is made of LDPE/HDPE. Magnesium hydroxide is used as a core to increase fire-resistant properties. The ability to withstand extremely high temperatures is implied by the name of the product, fire-grade aluminium composite panel.
Advantages of ACP Sheets
Due to their ease of use and versatility, aluminium composite panels have many advantages over other materials in the market. The following are a few of the key advantages:
- Affordable: ACP is one of the most reasonably priced materials on the market. They are perfect for commercial settings because they are readily available and durable. Experts claim that ACP sheets provide excellent thermal comfort while reducing energy usage and, consequently, your electricity expenses. They can be used in a variety of shapes and sizes, which minimises waste.
- Durability: ACP cladding sheets are extremely durable, waterproof, and stain-resistant. The panels are appropriate for all seasons because they maintain their colour, shape, and size even after being exposed to sunlight and weather changes. Moreover, they are soundproof, allowing outside noise to be blocked out.
- Safety: ACP panels are fire-resistant because aluminium is a great heat insulator. They are appropriate for interior cladding because they don’t emit gases or odours.
- Minimal Maintenance: ACP cladding sheets need barely any maintenance and keep their texture and shape for a long time. It only requires a quick wipe with a towel to get rid of any dirt or dust particles on its surface.
- Installation convenience: The ACP cladding sheets are easy to install and need minimal work. They have the ability to create amazing designs that are either impossible to duplicate or extremely difficult to do so.
- Protection against sound and heat: Aluminum composite panels have excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Weather and UV Resistance: They are additionally resistant to the weather and Ultraviolet radiation.
- Lightweight: ACP weighs less than steel and other construction materials. This drastically lowers the design loads on the structure due to the wide spans and huge surfaces involved. It is easy to lift and erect ACP sheets because they are lightweight. By doing this, the project stays on schedule and reduces labour and construction costs.
- Versatile in Nature: ACP sheets can be cut into a variety of sizes to suit your demands, which significantly increases the material’s versatility.
Installation of ACP Sheets
Construction covering materials for the exterior and inside can be coated on ACP sheets. To make sure that these sheets are properly applied to the structure and fitted, a variety of sophisticated installation techniques may be used. Some of them are as follows:
- Wet Sealant Joint: Installing ACP sheets using a wet sealant joint is one of the most used methods. The system has joint seals and tray-style panels. This system’s substructure is initially fastened to the ACP sheet. After applying the proper sealing material to the joints, the panel’s water tightness is ensured.
- Hanging Technique: Another installation technique is the hanging approach. The name of the method implies that the panels are not securely fastened and hang from the subframe. The panels are given enough space to expand and contract in reaction to the weather using this quick and simple installation method.
- Airtight Joint: With the Dry Gasket Joint Technique, the ACP sheet is installed using the gasket rather than sealant. Aluminum Composite Panels with sealant in the joints are prone to dirt and discolouration on their surfaces. Nonetheless, this tactic overcomes the earlier issue. ACP sheets can be installed effectively using gaskets since they last for a long time, much like sealants do.
- Narrow Open Joint: Aluminum composite panels with stone and wood patterns are connected using the Narrow Open Joint Technique. This method is perfect for such panels since little joints give them an attractive appearance. Depending on the circumstance, EPDM gaskets or sealants may be utilised in joints.
Application of ACP Sheets
The applications for ACP sheets are as follows:
- Cladding: Cladding is the process of covering a building’s exterior with a substance. Paint was the main material used to improve the appearance of a building’s façade prior to the introduction of the ACP. The need for paint on building facades has diminished as a result of the accessibility of ACP sheets. ACP sheets are often used as cladding materials due to their lightweight nature, ease of installation, resistance to weather, pollution, and corrosion, fireproofness, and ease of maintenance.
- Commercial Spaces: ACP sheets are far more frequently used in commercial spaces, where they are used not just for the outside but also for signs and display panels. These sheets are also used to carve out initials and logos, which gives the nameplate a lovely appearance.
- Home Interiors: ACP sheets are a popular option for interior design projects in homes. In domestic kitchens, they are utilised for cabinets and trolleys. The sheets have also been utilised by several homeowners to create artificial ceilings in their bathroom roofs. A lot of diligent homeowners have also added aluminium panels to their wardrobes.
- Signage: Many outdoor signage can be made with ACP sheets. ACP is the finest material for this usage since hoardings and signage are displayed outdoors, where they must withstand temperature variations and the effects of bad weather.
- Segregation: Most office buildings today aim to use as much of the available floor area as possible. They make private partitions that separate spaces to achieve this. These partitions are frequently built using ACP Panels as the primary building material. ACP is one of the best materials for constructing barriers once more because of how simple it is to handle and support. It is simple to remove the rivets or screws and relocate the partitions anywhere you choose if you want to get rid of the idea of keeping partitions and expanding the area. Because of these benefits along with the fact that ACP is less expensive than other options, it is frequently used in the construction sector.
The veneer market is now dominated by ACP Panel while yet allowing for some aesthetic expression. It gives any setting a contemporary and stylish touch, which is every designer’s desire. They can revolutionise interior design because they are affordable, environmentally friendly and fascinating materials.